All this walking around in New York may finally force me to wear flats…what the hell am I going to do without my simulated 2” of height?
Wear sneakers for the commute and then change into heels for walking around work.
I’m back from Oxford! I’ll put up some pictures later, but for now we’re going to talk about how bizarely tiny the world is. (I’m leaving out my awkward reunion with Dr. Archer at Keble Bar because that’s not really surprising… just awkward).
1. I’m standing at a kebab van getting some chips and cheese after a few pints in Oxford. I turn around and see my friend Richard’s friend Patrick. In Oxford. Waiting in line at the same kebab van I am.
2. While walking across Gatwick to check my bags, I hear someone yell my name. At first I keep walking because, really, who is going to be calling my name at 6:30 AM at an airport in London? But then I hear it again. Apparently, that person is Kalpen Trivedi, who is flying home on the same fight as Michelle and me.
3. While in Oxford, we were going to go punting, but the line was really long. So we got icecream and watched people punt instead. Some of these people were punting in period clothing from the 1920s. I thought they were awesome, so I took a few pictures and included them in my facebook album. Apparently, my new friend Joe knows them. And tagged them in my album. So now I’m creepy.
4. I got a facebook message from Brett Lacey last night. Apparently, I know his best friend from growing up and next door neighbor through my friend Lizzy.
- S: It doesn't make any sense!
- B: Feelings never do. They get you all confused. Then they drive you around for two hours and drop you off right where you started.
- Bart: Look at me! I'm a grad student! I'm 30 years old and made $600 last year!
- Marge: Don't make fun of grad students. They just made a terrible life choice.
And a hobo.
And a socialist.
And he went to Berkley.
Gold Rush—-> Gets scurvy.” —My notes on Jack London. All of them. Am worst grad student ever.
I think you left your final paper in an envelope on a table in the English Department office. Did you leave it there by mistake, or is it supposed to go to a specific professor?
Have a Lovely Day,
College of Charleston
Charleston, SC 29424